Welcome to Season 1, Episode 5 of the Canadian Immigration Podcast. In this episode I will be discussing my Top 5 reasons you are deemed ineligible when using the “Come to Canada” assessment tool for Express Entry.
This podcast is dedicated to all of you who have tried to complete the CIC “Come to Canada” tool that is a prerequisite to applying for Express Entry in Canada, but have been found ineligible. Sometimes, your background is not quite what it needs to be in order to qualify. However, in other circumstances, your ineligibility arises because of an error on your part in how you answered the questions within the Come to Canada tool.
In no specific order, these are the mistakes I see most often in my practice:
- Your language test is invalid.
- You don’t have enough skilled work experience.
- You don’t have sufficient funds.
- You do not meet the minimum qualifications under one of the 3 Economic Programs.
- You have problems with your personal reference code (this is really post eligibility; however, you can consider it a bonus tip).
Listen to Mark Holthe’s Canadian Immigration Podcast
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- The 5 most common reasons people are found ineligible for Express Entry.
- How to navigate CIC’s “Come to Canada” tool.
- Great links to essential CIC resources for determining your eligibility under Express Entry.
- Helpful tips on navigating the complex Express Entry process.
- What to do if you don’t have your settlement funds and need help from family.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- EE Come to Canada Wizard: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp
- EE – CRS Tool: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
- FSWP Eligibility: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
- Express Entry – Completeness Check Policy: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
- CIC LICO Chart: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
I will be speaking at the follow upcoming event. If you would like to register, please follow the links below for further information. Let me know if you will be attending as I would love to meet you in person.
- Canadian Institute’s Immigration and International Worker’s Forum (Oct 27-28, 2015)
Question for our Next Podcast
What Express Entry topic would you like me to discuss in my next podcast? Comment at the bottom of this podcast and I will make sure to cover it in Season 1 – Episode 6,
share on facebook, share on twitter, share on LinkedIn
Read the Transcript
You can read a additional notes for this episode, just click here to read the transcipt below
Binge on all of our Canadian Immigration Podcast Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all the episodes here.
Ask Mark an Immigration Question
I answer questions each week on my podcast. If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Canadian Immigration Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe.
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show. Share the Love