Have you ever wondered what exactly happens with your immigration application after it is submitted? Are there certain things you can do to improve your chances of success? Are there things you can do to hurt your chances of success? In this episode, we are going to pull the curtain back on CIC and share insight on the application process from an X-Immigration officer’s perspective.
In this podcast I had the rare opportunity to interview Billie Young who worked within Citizenship and Immigration Canada for over 11 years before joining our office as an Immigration Technical Adviser. Billie has now completed her Immigration Consultant Certification and is expanding her practice within our law firm, Holthe Tilleman LLP.
Billie shared some phenomenal insight on what it was like working within the department in a variety of capacities. She also pulled the curtain back on the mindset of an officer when adjudicating applications at a number of different locations including the border, at the airport and at the inland offices of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
In this podcast, we covered a number of areas including:
- A day in the life of an immigration officer.
- How entries are treated differently at the border versus the airport.
- An inside look at the inland immigration enforcement process.
- An immigration officer’s mindset when adjudicating applications.
- Tips on what an officer likes to see in an immigration application.
- Advice on what an officer does not like to see in an application.
Listen to Mark Holthe’s Canadian Immigration Podcast
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- Canada Border Services Agency: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html
- Immigration Enforcement: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/enforcement/index.asp
- Coutts Port of Entry (CBSA): http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/time-temp/646-eng.html
- Edmonton Airport (CBSA): http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/offices-bureaux/637-eng.html
Canadian Immigration Institute
We just completed our very first Pilot Course on how to submit your Express Entry profile (Phase 1). It was a resounding success. We will be releasing within the next two weeks, Phase 2 of our Express Entry Pilot Course which will cover how to file your permanent resident application after receiving an ITA.
If you would like to register for the course, please subscribe to my mailing list in the top right corner of this site and you will be the first to receive notification when the new pilot course is released.
Questions for our Next Podcast
What Immigration topic would you like me to discuss in future podcasts? Comment at the bottom of this podcast and I consider it for future Canadian Immigration Podcasts. share on facebook, share on twitter, share on LinkedIn
Read the Transcript
You can read additional notes for this episode, just click here to read the transcipt below
Binge on all of our Canadian Immigration Podcast Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all the episodes here.
Ask Mark an Immigration Question
I answer questions each week on my podcast. If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Canadian Immigration Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe.
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show. Share the Love