With the annual Parental Sponsorship lottery opening up in January 2018, the timing is perfect for an Episode dedicated to the Canadian Parental Sponsorship process. If you are considering filing an application to sponsor a parent or grandparent from abroad don’t even think about submitting that application until you have listened to what Canadian Immigration Lawyer Ravi Jain had to say.
It was great to have Ravi Jain of Green and Spiegel in Toronto, join me to discuss this very timely topic. If you want to learn more about Ravi, you can listen to his background in Season 1 Episode 17 – Canadian Spousal Sponsorship – Can you really afford to make a mistake? Ravi has distinguished himself as one of the leaders in our immigration field in Canada. However, when you listen to him on this Episode, you will very easily see that he is….simply put…..an “awesome” guy…super generous with his knowledge and an overall good guy….right to the core – who practices entirely in the right way.
In this Episode we covered the following specific topics:
- What is the Parental Sponsorship process?
- What are the qualification requirements?
- Recent case law on Parental Sponsorship.
- Helpful tips on ensuring your Sponsorship is not rejected.
- What to do if you are facing a refusal?
- The best way to reach Ravi Jain:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 416-866-2186
- Ravi’s law firm Green and Spiegel: http://www.gands.com/home
- Federal Court Case discussed in our Podcast: Nematollahi v. Minister of Citizenship and Immigration 2017 FC 755
Listen to Mark Holthe’s Canadian Immigration Podcast
Topics for our Next Podcast
If you have a suggestion for topics we could cover in the Podcast, please drop me a line. If you know of anyone that would be interested in coming on the Podcast as a guest, please send them my way. share on facebook, share on twitter, share on LinkedIn
Binge on all of our Canadian Immigration Podcast Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all the episodes here.
Subscribe to the Canadian Immigration Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe.
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show. Share the Love