Welcome to Season 1, Episode 6 of the Canadian Immigration Podcast. In this episode I will be discussing how the New Liberal Government’s Canadian Immigration Reforms impact the lives of temporary foreign workers and future immigrants in Canada.
As many of you are aware, we now have a new government in Ottawa. This government has released an ambitious “New Plan for Canadian Immigration“. In this podcast I am going to be explaining how these proposed changes will impact the lives of Canadians, future immigrants and temporary foreign workers in Canada.
In this podcast, I will discuss each of the proposed changes in more detail. These changes affect the following general areas of immigration:
- Foreign Visa Requirements
- Reunification of Families
- Express Entry program
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program
Listen to Mark Holthe’s Canadian Immigration Podcast
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- What changes the Liberal government intends to make to immigration policy in Canada.
- How these changes impact the various groups accessing the immigration system.
- Links to the relevant government websites and helpful resources.
- Projections as to what these changes could mean for the future of immigration.
- Answers to listener questions in the following areas:
- How families can immigrate to Canada.
- Whether or not an LMIA can support a work permit and Express Entry
- How to determine if your foreign work experience is skilled
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- Real Change: A New Plan for Canadian Immigration and Economic Opportunity: https://www.liberal.ca/files/2015/09/A-new-plan-for-Canadian-immigration-and-economic-opportunity.pdf
- Liberal Party Platform: What does Real Change Mean to you?: https://www.liberal.ca/realchange/
- Express Entry – The secret to finding your correct NOC!: http://www.canadianimmigrationpodcast.com/express-entry-the-secret-to-finding-your-correct-noc/
Canadian Immigration Institute
We just completed our very first Pilot Course on how to submit your Express Entry profile (Phase 1). It was a resounding success. We will be releasing within the next two weeks, Phase 2 of our Express Entry Pilot Course which will cover how to file your permanent resident application after receiving an ITA.
If you would like to register for the course, please subscribe to my mailing list in the top right corner of this site and you will be the first to receive notification when the new pilot course is released.
Questions for our Next Podcast
What Immigration topic would you like me to discuss in future podcasts? Comment at the bottom of this podcast and I will make sure to cover it in Season 1 – Episode 8,
share on facebook, share on twitter, share on LinkedIn
Read the Transcript
You can read additional notes for this episode, just click here to read the transcipt below
Binge on all of our Canadian Immigration Podcast Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all the episodes here.
Ask Mark an Immigration Question
I answer questions each week on my podcast. If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Canadian Immigration Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe.
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show. Share the Love