Welcome to Season 1, Episode 3 of the Canadian Immigration Podcast. In this episode I will be discussing my Top 5 reasons Express Entry applications get rejected.
By listening carefully to this podcast, you just might be able to save yourself from the 5 most common mistakes that can result in the refusal of your permanent resident application under the Express Entry system.
Although there are any number of ways you can be found ineligible to actually participate in Express Entry, this podcast will be focused on the ways you can unknowingly mess up your application after you have been granted an Invitation to Apply for permanent resident status in Canada.
In no specific order, these are the mistakes I see most often in my practice:
- Your reference letters are deficient.
- You forgot to include all your police clearances.
- You failed to include a copy of your degree with your ECA.
- You let your language test results expire.
- You didn’t provide proof of funds.
Listen to Mark Holthe’s Canadian Immigration Podcast
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Why the Express Entry program can be so unforgiving to applicants.
- How to avoid the 5 most common mistakes people make when filing their applications.
- Great links to essential CIC resources for determining your eligibility under Express Entry.
- Helpful tips on navigating the complex Express Entry process.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- EE Come to Canada Wizard: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp
- EE – CRS Tool: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
- EE – Draw #17: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp?expand=mi-pr-express#mi-pr-express
- Blog Post:How to Draft an Employer Letter that Works: http://www.canadianimmigrationpodcast.com/express-entry-how-to-draft-an-employer-reference-letter-that-works/
- How to get a police clearance: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/index.asp
I will be speaking at the follow upcoming events. If you would like to register, please follow the links below for further information. Let me know if you will be attending as I would love to meet you in person.
- Human Resource Institute of Alberta’s Canadian Immigration Law Event (Sept 23, 2015)
- Canadian Institute’s Immigration and International Worker’s Forum (Oct 27-28, 2015)
Question for our Next Podcast
What Express Entry topic would you like me to discuss in my next podcast? Comment at the bottom of this podcast and I will make sure to cover it in Season 1 – Episode 4,
share on facebook, share on twitter, share on LinkedIn
Read the Transcript
You can read a additional notes for this episode, just click here to read the transcipt below
Binge on all of our Canadian Immigration Podcast Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all the episodes here.
Ask Mark an Immigration Question
I answer questions each week on my podcast. If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Canadian Immigration Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe.
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show. Share the Love