The US election is now over…..Donald Trump will be the next US President. Many US citizens are now exploring the possibility of moving to Canada. In this Special Episode dedicated to our friends in the United States – post election, Betsy Kane and I share with you some of the best options available to American citizens who are looking for options for moving to Canada on a temporary or permanent basis.
Don’t waste time searching the Canadian Immigration Website – we’ve done the heavy lifting for you.
Whether you are a celebrity in the US needing to act on your intention of moving away from the US if Donald Trump was elected President or an academic or professional simply wanting to find a place to park yourself for the next 4 years, this Episode of the Canadian Immigration Podcast is for you.
I invited my good friend and colleague Betsy Kane, an immigration lawyer practicing in Ottawa, Ontario to join me as we share our list of the absolute best immigration options available to US Citizens who are considering a move to Canada.
If this is something you are seriously considering, this episode is an absolute must for you!
In this episode, Betsy and I covered the following options:
- Working in Canada:
- Marijuana Professionals (Yes we are serious) – FEATURED IN THE OTTAWA CITIZEN NEWSPAPER: http://bit.ly/2fYkPK6
- IT Professionals
- Engineers, architects, hotel managers etc.
- Intra-company Transfers
- Reciprocal Work Permits
- Dentists, Orthodontists, other business people
- Advantages available to Mexican citizens
- Visitor Visa being lifted in near future
- Also benefit from all aspects of NAFTA
- Francophone Work Permit program
- Studying in Canada:
- Can work while going to school
- Open work permit for up to 3 years after graduation
- Pathway to permanent residence
- Permanent Resident Options:
- Self Employed (perfect for actors, musicians and other artists)
- Express Entry (perfect for skilled workers with high human capital)
- Spousal Sponsorship (when your true love is Canadian)
[Tweet “US Citizens – Here’s how to move to Canada!“]
Listen to Mark Holthe’s Canadian Immigration Podcast
Topics for our Next Podcast
If you have a suggestion for topics we could cover in the Podcast, please drop me a line. If you know of anyone that would be interested in coming on the Podcast as a guest, please send them my way. share on facebook, share on twitter, share on LinkedIn
Binge on all of our Canadian Immigration Podcast Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all the episodes here.
Ask Mark an Immigration Question
Periodically I answer listener questions on my podcast. If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you. You can also leave me a voice message on the Ask an Immigration Question widget on the side bar of this website.
Subscribe to the Canadian Immigration Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe.