Getting your immigration application refused sucks! Fortunately, you don’t simply have to accept the rejection and live with it. In this episode Rekha McNutt joins me in our first episode of our Special Series on Immigration Hearings and Appeals to pull back the curtain on Sponsorship Appeals at the Immigration Appeal Division.
Rekha practices primarily in immigration law. She has extensive experience with temporary resident visas, express entry, federal skilled workers, Canadian experience class, Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program, family class sponsorships, refugee claims, pre-removal risk assessments, and in-Canada humanitarian and compassionate permanent residence applications.
Rekha has focused much of her practice on Federal Court Judicial Review applications of various types of negative immigration-related decisions.
Rekha had appeared before the Alberta Provincial Court and the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta. She has also appeared extensively before the Federal Court of Canada and Immigration Tribunals such as the Immigration Division, Refugee Protection Division, and the Immigration Appeal Division.
Rekha is the past-Chair (2015-2016 & 2016-2017) of the Southern Alberta Branch of the Canadian Bar Association, Immigration Section.
In this episode Rekha and I covered the following areas:
- what to do first when the rejection letter comes;
- step by step process flow of a sponsorship appeal;
- practical examples of how spousal and parental sponsorships can go wrong;
- pros and cons of the ADR process;
- how to work with interpreters;
- choosing you witnesses;
- top tips and strategies for running a successful appeal; and
- a host of other amazing insight from a seasoned litigator.
- Canadian Immigration Institute – Founded by Immigration Lawyer Mark Holthe
- Click on this link to become an affiliate of the Canadian Immigration Institute: https://www.canadianimmigrationinstitute.com/become-an-affiliate
- OR, go to the Canadian Immigration Institute main page and scroll down to the very bottom and click on “Affiliate”.
- Earn 30% when someone purchases via your affiliate link
[Tweet “Windmill Microlending…an amazing company.”]
- Rekha’s firm: http://www.caronpartners.com/
- How to contact Rekha: RMcNutt@caronpartners.com
- Canadian Immigration Institute: https://www.canadianimmigrationinstitute.com/
Listen to Mark Holthe’s Canadian Immigration Podcast
Topics for our Next Podcast
If you have a suggestion for topics we could cover in the Podcast, please drop me a line at email@example.com. If you know of anyone that would be interested in coming on the Podcast as a guest, please send them my way. share on facebook, share on twitter, share on LinkedIn
Binge on all of our Canadian Immigration Podcast Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all the episodes here.
Subscribe to the Canadian Immigration Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe.
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show. Share the Love